Lead work for
Arnold is your partner when it comes to x-ray radiation protection with lead
- in components,
- assemblies, and
- systems of every conceivable application.
We have been processing
- rolled lead plates (up to 30mm) and
- adhesive lead foil (up to 2mm)
for more than 25 years.
The processing of thick and thin lead requires extremely high safety precautions, the right kind of machinery, and a high level of expertise
- in construction (lead design),
- manufacturing (safe and audited processes), and for
- on-site assembly (logistics and site management).
We assist our customers from planning to delivery and offer services that range from
- simple lead cutting through to
- complex assemblies with a weight of well over 16 tons.
Complex radiation protection systems, components, and 2d lead cuttings for mass production orders
- systems with lead thicknesses from 5–30 mm (rolled lead plates or thick lead),,
- systems with lead thicknesses of up to 5 mm (adhesive lead foil or thin lead),,
- project-related systems (turnkey projects),,
- leaded components, and 2D lead cuttings..
We are specialists in the
- professional construction of sheet metal and lead,
- reliable radiation protection through certified processes,
- low throughput times, and the quick realization of prototypes,
- reliable pricing through framework agreements,
- supply security in terms of material, and
- turnkey delivery.
Do you need assistance with the construction, processing, and turn-key provision of radiation protection products?
We are looking forward to your request.
The processing of lead is subject to very stringent specifications:
- Frequent medical checks for employees
- Prevention of heat exposure of lead through proper construction
- Heat can only be introduced under strict safety precautions
- Safe storage
Arnold processes both rolled lead (for extremely high radiation) and adhesive lead.
These two types are processed differently. In the case of rolled lead, lead plates up to 30 mm thick are glued onto sheet metal. For adhesive lead, a 0.5–5 millimeter thick film pre-coated with adhesive is cut to size and applied.
For leaded products, Arnold can
- construct (suitable for welding),
- punch, cut, glue the lead
- and varnish or powder-coat the components.
Lead is harmful to humans and thus also to the employees who are handling it. Our top priority is their safety as well as radiation protection.
Machines that emit radiation must be designed properly to ensure a safe manufacturing process.
The main issue during construction is whether or not it is possible to prevent welding and thus the introduction of heat.
Lead is a heavy metal with a density of 11.3 g/cm³. In the manufacture of leaded products, Arnold processes lead foil with a thickness of 1 millimeter, for example, which quickly results in a weight of over 11 kilograms per square meter.
The melting point of lead is 327 °C. The boiling point is 1740-1751 °C. Lead is resistant to sulfuric acid, hydrofluoric acid and hydrochloric acid.
Other topics that may interest you
Please get in touch with us.